Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vikings: A Feast for the Tummy & the Eyes

As a food lover, I'm always on the look out for new places to eat.  I've been seeing (actually eyeing, hahaha) the Vikings Buffet sign since last year whenever we go to the Mall of Asia.  I can't wait to try it out as soon as it opens.  Alas, when it finally did open it seems that I'm not fated to sample their fares right away.  The place is usually full when we get the chance pass by.  


One Friday morning I was invited to a birthday celebration of my uncle and it was to be held at Vikings!  YES!  I finally got the chance to check it out.  It was on a  Friday lunch when I first had a taste of Vikings.  They have a wide variety of cuisine & food choices.  There's Japanese, Chinese, International, a grilling station, a salad bar, different kinds of soup, a pizza station, a carving station & of course the dessert section.  Drinks are even included in the buffet price.  They have an assortment of juices & soda.  To my surprise, draft beer is also available at the refreshment station.

The Viking Table

Baked Oysters
 We had to request them from the waiter.  You can have them baked, steamed or ask the waiter how you would like to have your oysters prepared.  Usually raw oysters are found on the buffet table.

Beef

Carving Station

Other meat on the carving station

Fish

Lengua

Paella

Salmon Lasagna
I remember eating this and it was quite salty for me.


During my first visit, I tried to sample dishes that are my favorites or have never tasted before.  There's so much food I'm afraid you can't try every single one of them in just one visit.  Most of the dishes are well seasoned.  The taste, quantity & quality of the food are almost at par with a lot of five star hotels but at a more reasonable price.  Since I enjoyed my experience at Vikings, I told my friends to try it out.  I actually went back a few times with my friends or family, but I was more focused on eating & chatting than taking notes or pictures of the dishes I sampled. 


\('o')/


Last month there were two birthday celebrants at the office.  Management then decided to celebrate their birthdays at Vikings.  This time it gave me an opportunity to take more pictures of the place & dishes.  We got to try Vikings for dinner this time.  The price is higher than the lunch price since they have additional dishes available only for dinner.



Ceiling Lights

Table Napkin

Our table number

Viking table at night

The other end of the table

Salad Station

Assorted Cheese

Ceviche

Club House Sandwich

Deviled Egg

Chinese Soup, Chawan, & Miso Soup

Lohan Mixed Vegetables

Man Tou (Fried Bread)
This is one of my favorites :D  No matter where, fried bread with condensed milk is heaven.

Siomai

Stir fried squid with vegetables

Yang Chao fried rice

Pata Tim

PEKING DUCK!!
Notice the vegetable carving is that of a roasted pig? So cute!

Sushi Boat
I had some difficulty taking this picture.  Lots of hands kept grabbing all the sushi!

Sushi Rainbow

Lengua (sorry not much was left when I took a picture)

Paella

Grill Station

Raw fish for grilling

Hmmm, there's a sign.  Better take a closer look.

Please, no leftover :D

Long line to the carving station >.<

Looks like they're sold out!

Cakes

Chocolate Fondue

Dessert display case

Native Desserts

Halo Halo Station

My halo halo creation 

The two birthday celebrants got to be serenaded by the waiters & staff with a boisterous happy birthday song.  Each of them received a special cake for them to take home.  I enjoyed my dinner at Vikings.  Who wouldn't be with good food & good company.  I think this isn't going to be my last visit.  I believe they added something extra during the weekend.  ;)  Until next time.



Remember: Eat Live and Be Happy!

Price Range:

Lunch : P688 ++
Dinner: P888 ++

Payment: Accepts both Cash & Credit Card


Free Wifi:  Available but can't connect 


Parking: Mall parking & Outdoor parking


Address:


Bldg. B, By the Bay,
Seaside Boulevard,
SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City
Philippines
Tel: 63 - (02) - 846 - 3888, 846 - 5888
Cellfone: +639175653888, +639237303888



No comments:

Post a Comment