Friday, September 9, 2011

Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao

I was able to try this restaurant last year.  We got lucky & got a table quickly for a party of five.  I'm actually very excited then.  Crystal Jade is very famous in Hong Kong & Singapore for serving delicious noodles & xiao long bao (steamed dumplings with soup inside).  We got to order a little of everything then.  Some noodles, xiao long bao, & seafood dishes.  After trying the dishes we didn't find anything special.  We thought the other Chinese restaurants we frequent are much better.  Unfortunately the Philippine branch doesn't compare to the ones found abroad.  My cousins are definitely disappointed.  They had such high expectations from the restaurant.  I thought at most it was average during that time.

Recently, another cousin of mine wanted to try Crystal Jade.  I told her of my previous experience & reminded her it's not the same as the ones found in Hong Kong or Singapore.  I thought, after more than half a year I might as well give this restaurant a second try.  So off we go for a lunch out in Crystal Jade.  Even now there is still a waiting line to dine in.  We got our table after waiting for 10-15 minutes.  We got to look at their menu while waiting outside so we know what to order once we get our table.  The servers are actually quick & efficient.  I think they want their customers to eat & run so other waiting customers can have their turn.

Table mat

They got an award for their Hong Kong branches.

Menu

The place is packed :D

Iced Honey Lemon
I liked this drink.  It doesn't taste like the candy.  
It's light & refreshing, especially during a hot weather.

Crispy Eel
Sweet & crunchy.  Both me & my cousin liked this appetizer.  We just can't get enough of it.

Garlic Prawn

Green Beans

Xiao Long Bao

Red Bean Pancake for Dessert
I'm not a big fan of red bean but my cousin said the one she tasted abroad was really good & she misses this dessert.  The outside is a crispy wrapper with a soft filling of red bean inside.  After I had a taste, I thought it was actually good but my cousin said the one she had before was better.  

My second visit to Crystal Jade was a whole lot better than before.  I think the high expectations made my first experience a lot less enjoyable.  I hope I get another chance to try the other dishes.  Until next time. =D

Remember: Eat Live and Be Happy!

Price Range: P200 - P500

Payment: Accepts both Cash & Credit Card

Free Wifi: Not Available

Parking: Mall parking

Address:

Virra Mall
Unit 117-121 G/F Virra Mall
Greenhills Shopping Center
San Juan, Metro Manila
Philippines
Tel: 63 - (02) - 570-6912, 570-6910

No comments:

Post a Comment